WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING ORDERS FOR THE SPRING 2021 PLANTING SEASON
PLEASE CHECK BACK IN OCTOBER WHEN WE WILL BEGIN TAKING ORDERS FOR SPRING 2022
YOU CAN VIEW OUR PRODUCTS TO GET IDEAS FOR NEXT YEAR BY
CLICKING ON CONIFERS OR DECIDUOUS SHRUBS OR TREES
(Then click on the species
name or picture for more info)
Welcome to the John S. Ayton State Forest Tree Nursery in Preston, Maryland:
1. From this page, choose from "Conifers" or "Deciduous". Then click on the species name to add to your shopping bag.
2. All seedlings purchased shall be planted for conservation, lumber and/or cut Christmas tree purposes.
3. A planting report shall be furnished when requested by the Department of Natural Resources.
4. The plantings shall be protected as far as possible from fire, grazing and trespass.
5. Trees may not be offered for sale with roots attached for removal from the land as live or ornamental trees. Seedlings purchased from the State Nursery cannot be used
for landscaping or ornamental purposes. The Forest Service, however, fully
recognizes the benefits that trees provide in terms of beautification, privacy
screening and enhancing architectural design. We encourage homeowners and
businesses to patronize their local
private nursery, garden center or landscape
contractor. These professionals can assist you in choosing the proper trees,
shrubs, flowers and maintenance supplies to meet your landscaping needs.
6. We may not be able to ship to all states. Some states in the South and West have plant quarantines and/or specific rules about shipping live trees.
7. We continue to provide UPS
seedling delivery to your door. UPS shipping fees will be included in your order total. Your order will ship in March or April depending on your shipping address. You also have the option of picking up your seedlings at the nursery.
DISCLAIMER: While we would like to be able to guarantee our seedling stock against the ravages of nature and human intervention, we simply cannot. We will however, prepare, package and ship healthy seedlings with the utmost care. When the seedlings leave our nursery they become the responsibility of the carrier and then the customer. If they arrive damaged due to obvious misuse, please report it to the carrier immediately. We can assume no responsibility after the seedlings leave our nursery. The facilities and services of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or physical or mental disability. This document is available in alternative format upon request from a qualified individual with a disability.